I'm not at all prepared to give a full account of all the ways Covid-19 has both ruined and enriched my life, but it's enough to know that both of those things happened at once. I suppose it's a typical story, some sort of rising from the ashes, if the ashes were Jameson and the Phoenix were some lady wearing the same dress every single day. Oh but it's so comfy and cute!
Quarantine is something I'm taking very seriously, as my hermit nature lends itself to the lifestyle anyway. Of course, hedonistic hypocrite that I am, I decided that going to Tahiti was safer than seeing any of my family or friends or going out my house in town. Everything was so gorgeous there. I couldn't stop taking selfies of my happy self with the views and the sunsets.
- I don't have to get ready to go to work in the morning. I can work in my bed and my pjs. I don't care if it's cold outside
- I can indulge my inherent desire for a non-cyclical sleep schedule
- I no longer feel guilty every day that I don't go outside. That's just how it is. OH how I regret the hours I spent tormented by the thought that I "should go out" instead of enjoying my staying in
- I was able to let go of ALL of my social responsibilities. What a load off my shoulders!
- I've watched SO MUCH comedy on YouTube. I'm basically an expert comedy watcher
- Cheese piles...cooking lots of cheese piles
- Spending huge amounts of quality time with my quarantine partner (who I'm very lucky to have)